Welcome to Web Design & Development!
Wednesday, August 30th
Today in class we will talk about course content and goals, and you will:
- install git on your school laptop.
- create an account on github where you will be hosting your website for this class.
- generate an ssh key and upload your public key to your github account.
Lastly you will let know where your new git repo is located. To do this, visit
https://webchat.oftc.net, use the first
name you would like me to call you as your Nickname, and put
#accict in the Channels input. Click the Connect
button to join the chat, and paste a message with the URL of your repo into the
Send me an email at my VCCS email address,
introducing yourself to me by answering the following questions:
- What motivated you to sign up for this course, and what are you hoping to get out of it? Please be as specific as you can. I have quite a bit of flexibility in this year long course, so the better I understand what you're looking for, the better I can modify our plans to meet your goals.
- Is there anything else you would like me to know about you?
NOTE: Please submit this assignment by 11:59 pm Sunday at the latest, so that I have time to reply before we meet again for class on Tuesday.
Send me the email as I requested, and you'll start this class with an A homework grade as your first grade in the class.