Examines the hierarchical structure of computer architecture. Focuses on multi-level machine organization using a simple assembly language. Includes processors, instruction execution, addressing techniques, data representation, and digital logic.
This is a 3 credit course which will combine class discussion with hands-on projects and the development of a student digital portfolio.
- Logic Circuits - Part One
- Simulating the Altair
- Z80-SIM 8080-SIM
- The Altair Experience
- An Intel 8080 Assembly Suite in Python
- Altair 8800 simulator with CP/M
- 8080 Online Assembler
- Palo Alto Tiny BASIC in Your Browser
- hexer binary for MacOS
- How to Write a Program for a 1975 ALTAIR 8800 Computer